Friday 18 February 2011

In the end....it doesnt even matter

2 weeks to go for placement....temperature in d campus was going up ! Though it bothered me a bit, there was always a better view. 2 saal mein kuch nahi kiya...2 hafte mein kya ukhaad lega! This state of mind could be attributed to the 25 odd seats brought forward by CRD out of which 1 was mine :P I decided to give all top notches a try...coz anyways I had backup. Then, came the shocker...CRD dropped from placement! The battle begins...

Day -1: Amul gave a shocker! All 3 pointers invited. Even the SDM guys were ignored. Surprisingly ITC shortlisted me...I just dreamt of making it to the interview panel...with big guns fighting it out for 2 seats! At the end of the day...made it to lucky 6 who would be interviewed tomorrow!

Day 1: ITC interview bombed. Expectations always come with a statutory warning! Metro GD impacted..at the end of the day....jobless...but there was still hope PwC shortlisted me!

Day 2: Sleeping I was....since I had none 2day! Dubey saab called me for E&Y GD....got ready in 5mins...bang on! Today, the feeling was, koi toh le le . E&Y bombed :( ITDA called...negotiation failed...got waitlisted at the end of the day for a IT based job

Day 3: Confidence seeped in...while going for PwC interview! The confidence continued in HDFC, Axis, SERP. Two hours later, PwC gave regrets to PC, they took no1 :( A feeling hit me that this was the day...and I would be placed! Bike nikaala aur chal pada...Sea Blue! Donno y but confidence was flowing through...By the time, I came back...SERP announced its results...finally someone chose me :) Everything else bombed, so there was no room for confusion! Options on Day 4 were bleak since Yes Bank had left me out and chances were bleak in NCDEX. Though CRD was coming up, I guess, handling SHGs were better than working with NREGA !

Signed the offer document...decided in the next two hours...to leave for Mumbai...

The placement season, even now, continues to be a nightmare! Some questions keep haunting me ! Why did so many companies shortlist me in the first place? Was my resume better than myself?

The exploration within me continues....as I take up my first job with Govt of AP..the place where I would ultimately end up!

3 comments:

  1. bro...what role u play in SERP ?..howz it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. Career enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. McKinsey

    ReplyDelete